New Vehicle - 3 Year Limited Warranty - National
- This limited warranty covers conversions to new vehicles, equipment furnished by Moto Electric Vehicles ("the company") in or upon a shuttle or passenger vehicle.
- Manufacturer's warranties are covered by the manufacture of the component, not by Moto Electric Vehicles.
- Eagle brand chargers are covered for a period of three (3) years.
- Curtis Instruments brand controllers are covered for a period of two (2) years.
- Trojan batteries are covered for a period of two (2) years.
Full warranty disclosures for these three manufacturers are available upon request.
- The company warrants to original purchases that any defects in materials or workmanship, except as listed in paragraph 5 below, that occur within the time periods listed below ("the warranty period"), starting from date of delivery, will be corrected by the company at its expense, in a manner described:
- First 12 months all replacement parts will be furnished at no charge, "except where a manufacturer's warranty supercedes this," in which case that period becomes the warranty period (copy of manufacturer's warranty available upon request).
- Company will warranty the frame and all structure welds of the vehicle for a period of two years. Paint and rust are excluded.
- Warranty replacement parts will be sent only:
- After the original purchaser notifies the company that a defect exists and the company determines, as a result of its inspection or investigation, that the defect was caused by improper material or workmanship.
- This warranty does not cover:
- Any costs or charges INVOLVED IN TRANSPORTING OR SHIPPING a vehicle or part to or from the authorized facility.
- Damages to any items caused by improper use or operation, unauthorized repairs or modifications, attempts to operate any equipment beyond its rated capacities, or damage caused by lack of proper and reasonable maintenance.
- Any equipment furnished by the buyer (for installation by the company).
- Any failure associated with modifying the vehicle or installing accessories unauthorized by MEV.
- Normal wear and tear of all batteries, tires, belts, bulbs, etc.
- Corrosion of battery terminals.
- Driving through water deep enough to cause electrical system damage.
- Any defects in options or similar items (such as radio or video equipment, heating and air, etc.) which are covered by the individual appliance manufacturer's warranty.
- Any repairs causing lost revenues to customer.
- Any rental or replacement vehicle charges or costs associated with the need for warranty repair at our authorized facility.
- Replacement parts if original parts not returned to Moto Electric Vehicles at owner's expense.
- We offer a variety of the extended service contracts to cover your vehicle purchase for two, three, four or five year periods at an additional charge.